RIP Daniel Johnston


RIP Daniel Johnston!  One of my favorite performances was seeing him at a small Boston club.  It was an awesome show!  We shouted requests and he kept saying "It's not in my catalog in this notebook I have here."  He also forget words to one of his songs.  One of my friends helped along and finished the song singing along with him.  We all laughed.  His set was short, but exciting.   I will work on one in a few weeks.  Above and below are some artwork and some photos.

If I recommend anything I would recommend his DVD The Devil and Daniel Johnston all his albums have something that is worth listening to.  There is a nice tribute disc called The Late Great Daniel Johnson: Discovered Covered people like Beck, Tom Waits, Mercury Rev, Eels, TV on the Radio and countless others are on it.  Its a great introduction because all the songs covered are featured on the second disc with him doing his own songs.  Check it out.  Daniel will be missed.  Thanks for the memories!

Comments

Popular Posts