RIP Neil Peart


With all the tributes out there I figure I add mine. I heard RUSH as a kid and at first listen I thought they had two drummers. I really did. How can anybody play with such perfection. Not only that I even tried to air drum his parts. One human could not do all that and then some. Over the years I had to see this for my self and I did in 1989. I was like so many people at the show in awe. As I was exiting the show to go home I heard a comment from someone and it made me laugh. “Neil must have a third arm or something.” He truly was amazing. Not only he played drums with great skill he also wrote some great music. You never associated a drummer being the lyricist, but Neil was. His intelligence was like no other and he got me to explore the meanings in his songs. I told a friend one day, “Neil got me to read some heavy shit.” I’m going to miss you Neil like so many others. You did a lot for my musical intellect I owe a lot of it to you. Seeing you and RUSH 21 times kept my head shaking and my love for your music more and more. Rest in Drumming Neil. To the spiritual person above. Keep him out of the 4/4 time.

Comments

Popular Posts